Here at West-Can HR Solutions we are very excited to announce we are expanding our team!
We have a need to add an HR Generalist to our dynamic and growing team here in Brandon, MB.
West-Can HR has been in business for over 25 years providing full recruitment and HR support to the Westman area and beyond. As a small business, we feel being a part of and supporting the local community is important and a privilege. Our office works very closely as a team, and we value the strengths each of our team members brings to ensure our success. As a result, we offer growth, professional development, and the ability to really make your position your own.
The role of an HR Generalist is to offer exceptional service to West-Can HR’s clients through HR Consulting including organizational reviews, policy manual development, recruitment and selection, investigations, and full internal HR support as needed. This position is ever-changing, and never the same day-to-day as West-Can HR engages with the business community and strives to meet and exceed their needs.
What we Offer:
- A positive and supportive workplace which values individual interests and strengths.
- Full Benefits Package along with a health spending account.
- Additional vacation to start.
- Paid sick days provided.
- Mileage paid for any travel needed.
- Paid professional development and CPHR designations.
- Birthday celebrations and fun team building activities.
- Cellphone Allowance
- RRSP Matching program
- Community involvement opportunities with flextime offered.
- HR Nectar (coffee, of course!) provided daily!
- Meet with business clients independently or as a team in assessing client’s HR needs and developing formalized service plans, assessments, and reports.
- Provide outsourced HR support to a variety of business clients in developing strong relationships with management/ownership and providing support, reviewing HR business structure, creating job descriptions, salary surveys, wage scales, investigations, policies, performance reviews, etc. Travel is required as needed.
- Develop and amend policies and full policy manuals
- Recruitment and Selection Support for Business Clients including:
- Meet with business clients to discuss vacancies and requirements, providing position review and out-of-the-box recruitment strategies.
- Creation of formalized Job Descriptions and advertisements.
- Candidate network searching and prescreening.
- Coordinate and lead interview process.
- Create letter of offer and aid in negotiation.
- Maintenance of Employee Database and Client files
- Represent West-Can HR positively in the community attending business networking events.
- Provide outplacement services including emotional assistance, job search assistance and resume and cover letter preparation.
- Manage projects including full initial planning stages.
- Support with strategically hiring temporary employees, providing Indirect supervision, and onboarding services.
- Participate in internal team business development projects, strategic planning, advertising, and social media promotion.
- Education in Human Resource and a minimum of 2 years of HR support experience. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
- CPHR or CPHR Candidacy is considered an asset.
- Must be intuitive, friendly, creative, and enjoy meeting new people.
- Must have a positive, upbeat personality, support continuing our positive and fun work environment at West-Can
- Must be driven and experienced in self-management.
- Proficiency in Word and Outlook is required with working knowledge of Excel, and PowerPoint and the ability to learn new software.
- Must have professional verbal and written communication skills.
To apply for this opportunity please send your resume, in confidence, to Camilla Timmer at Camilla@wchrs.com.