Are you seeking a new career where you get to use your handyman skills and engage with the public? Does the opportunity for hands on training in a new trade with the opportunity for growth excite you? We have a Locksmith Trainee position available!
Locksmith job duties include installing, repairing, adjusting, and replacing locks within various buildings, vehicles and facilities. Responsibilities also include cutting new and duplicate keys and providing strong customer service.
This position has set Monday to Friday hours, and includes an on-call rotation for after hours emergency service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs, adjusts and services locks and related equipment.
- Insert new or repaired tumblers into locks in order to change combinations.
- Cuts new or duplicate keys from existing keys, patterns, or codes using key cutting machines
- Makes keys for locks for which there is no key.
- Repairs and services “panic hardware” on doors.
- Disassemble mechanical or electrical locking devices, and repair or replace worn tumblers, springs, and other parts, using hand tools.
- Prepares labor and material estimates.
- Provide personable and friendly customer service, offering a calm demeanor
- Keep records of company locks and keys
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal communication skills required
- Strong customer service skills and experience
- Mechanical & electrical aptitude, with experience using hand tools
- Previous carpentry experience is an asset
- Fine motor skills and good hand eye dexterity
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Must have valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Ability to provide a clear criminal record check
For more information or to apply please send your resume to Camilla@wchrs.com.