West-Can HR is currently recruiting for a Sales Representative with a distributor of industrial equipment to major manufacturers throughout Manitoba.
Seeking a strong sales individual to drive sales and service of industrial equipment to Manitoba manufacturers. This position will require frequent travel throughout the Manitoba territory and the ability to grow and develop strong relationships with business clients.
This position is based in Brandon and offers a strong compensation package with a well-established company that is poised for growth.
- Develop strong relationships with the major industrial accounts across the province and generate a high level of awareness of the company and its products with the important decision makers.
- Develop opportunities to quote products and services to the major accounts and drive to successful sales orders. Where necessary, contact manufacturers to obtain technical and pricing information that would be required to prepare the quotation.
- Provide excellent after sales service to customers on any matters that may arise with the supplied products.
- Develop a business plan to grow the company’s business across the province over a 2-to-3- year time horizon.
- Make a significant effort to learn the company’s product line such that a reasonably informative discussion with customers can occur within a 6-month time horizon.
- Learn how to use all the company’s sales management tools for lead management, quotations, inventory and sales order entry.
Skills and Knowledge
- Several years’ experience in sales development with a proven track record, preferably in an industrial/manufacturing environment.
- A basic understanding of the major process industries across the province and how they operate.
- Ability to network and build personal relationships with decision makers.
- Work independently with a limited amount of supervision but understand when to ask for assistance from others.
- Secondary school graduation combined preferably with a diploma from a technical college
- Experience working in a sales organization providing industrial products and services to process industries.
- Ability to develop a sales strategy to identify opportunities and close sales contracts
- Existing relationships with major manufacturers in Manitoba would be beneficial
For more information on this exciting position, please send your resume in confidence to Camilla@wchrs.com.