The Territory Manager with McKenzie Seeds focuses on managing and growing an existing customer base with a focus on our Atlantic Canada territory. This position will work internally at our Brandon location in establishing client relationships and achieving sales revenue and market share targets
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Manage day-to-day account details internally including order/shipping follow-up, in-store distribution, sales information/product samples, quote sheets and item set-up, inventory management & requests from accounts
- Interacts regularly with customers and extended McKenzie teams to support and enhance the business
- Work closely with Service Manager and merchandisers within territory to ensure customers are properly taken care of and expectations exceeded
- Prospecting within territory to grow current account base and add potential new customers
- Update and manage new CRM tool (Vanilla soft)
- Work within customer’s online portals to manage inventory and anticipate needs to ensure full stock of product
- Visit territory annually to further develop customer relationships and evaluate operation needs
- Lead regular business meetings/presentations with various accounts including meeting preparation, action plans and appropriate follow ups
- Work with Product Manager, production and finance teams to deliver on both revenue and sales forecasts
- Review weekly reports, customer sales, marketing programs and other data as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
THE QUALIFICATIONS YOU NEED:
- 2+ years’ experience providing customer support, preference to individuals with experience working in a retail environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related discipline
- Proficiency with Microsoft computer programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and confidently direct customer interactions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- French is an asset, not a requirement as is an interest in horticulture
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Availability for travel approximately 2-3 times per year
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to Camilla Timmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only the applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. We thank all jobseekers for their interest and potential application.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR OUR CLIENT?
McKenzie Seeds, in business since 1896, is Canada’s number one packet seed company specializing in flower and vegetable seed, as well as many other products consumers have come to rely on. Our Head Office and production facility is located in Brandon, Manitoba with sales offices across Canada. We proudly have distribution in every major retailer and garden center coast to coast.
ABOUT WEST-CAN HR
Our team of Recruiters and HR Professionals are experts at matching jobseekers with career opportunities. Our goal is to connect with jobseekers and support their job search by utilizing our community connections and Jobseeker Network.
If you apply for this position and are selected for further consideration, this is our process:
- We screen applicant resumes based on the required qualifications for the role.
- We contact qualified individuals that are part of our Jobseeker Network to share the opportunity with them as well.
- If selected, you will meet with the Lead Recruiter so we can learn more about you, your work experience, skills, and qualifications.
- The top candidates are presented to the employer for selection. From there, we support the interviewing and hiring process.