Do you have a background in agriculture and are passionate about working alongside producers to help increase their yields and crop health? A new independent retail in Melfort, SK is looking to add a Sales Agronomist to their team. The Sales Agronomist works closely with producers within the territory to actively generate sales and promote company products and services. This opportunity is based in Melfort, Saskatchewan, and the surrounding area.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Competitive wage scale with performance-based initiatives and increases.
- Generous time off during the off seasons.
- 5% RSP matching program.
- Contribution to personal benefit plans.
- Vehicle provided with all expenses covered.
- Modern technology and devices provided.
- Industry leading professional development, training, and network access.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Actively search for new sales and business opportunities that will enhance and expand company reach. This includes cold calls, networking, and actively seeking sales leads.
- Meet with producers, assess their agronomy needs, and make recommendations.
- Establish and enhance key relationships with producers and industry representatives.
- Provide agronomic coaching to clients year-round on fertility, pest management, and applications.
- Make recommendations to clients on farming practices, technology, methods, and crop inputs.
- Actively search for and participate in new opportunities that will enhance sales in the territory.
- See job description for further details.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Combination of related education and experience.
- Must be driven, sales focused, and excellent at establishing/maintaining client relationships.
- Must be willing to learn and can positively interact with and advise clients.
- Knowledge and understanding of crop inputs and applications (fertilizer, herbicides, fungicides, etc.).
- Must live within the assigned sales territory.
- Class 5 driver’s license required.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to Holly Van Zeben, HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about this position, or for a detailed job description, call our office at 204-727-0008.
Only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. We thank all jobseekers for their interest and potential application.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR OUR CLIENT?
Further information about our client, the employer, will be shared with candidates who are being considered for the role. If you are interested in this opportunity, we encourage you to apply, we look forward to reviewing your resume.
ABOUT WEST-CAN HR
Our team of Recruiters and HR Professionals are experts at matching jobseekers with career opportunities. Our goal is to connect with jobseekers and support their job search by utilizing our community connections and Jobseeker Network.
If you apply for this position and are selected for further consideration, this is our process:
- We screen applicant resumes based on the required qualifications for the role.
- We contact qualified individuals that are part of our Jobseeker Network to share the opportunity with them.
- If selected, you will meet with the Lead Recruiter so we can learn more about you, your work experience, skills, and qualifications.
- The top candidates are presented to the employer for selection. From there, we support the interviewing and hiring process.