As the Executive Director at the Shilo Military Family Resource Centre (SMFRC), you will have the opportunity to lead a non-profit organization committed to meeting the unique needs of military families. In this position, you will be responsible for overseeing all programs and employees at the SMFRC (including the Childcare Centre) and leading the strategic direction/vision of the organization.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Paid sick time and 4 weeks of paid vacation time
- Comprehensive benefits package including prescription, dental, medical, and vision coverage with premiums 100% paid by employer.
- Commuter assistance offering milage reimbursement if primary residence is further than 11 km to a maximum of 27 km.
- Annual professional development budget with regular training, conferences, and networking opportunities.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Lead and coach direct reports and manage Human Resource requirements such as staff hiring, development, performance management, scheduling, conflict resolution and team building.
- Oversee and evaluate the coordination of all core and site-specific programs and services of the SMFRC (e.g., core programs include child and youth services, volunteer services, mental health, employment and education, deployment information and referral, second language services, veterans’ families) and non-core programs (e.g., full-time childcare centre, casual childcare centre).
- Oversee the Children Services Director and ensure proper management of the full-time childcare centre.
- Translate strategic plan into concrete strategies, initiatives and/or projects with measurable goals and objectives. Design a project management structure to monitor and evaluate.
- Develop and oversee standard operating procedures to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the SMFRC.
- Oversee bookkeeper who performs payroll, accounts receivable/payables, and financial reporting.
- Collaborate with the staff in the budgeting process and ensure consistent management and monitoring of financial reports from programs.
- Ensure independent audit is conducted annually and be accountable for the annual budget.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the Board.
- Develop, implement, and assess communications and public relations strategies, including new partnerships with military and community organizations.
- Represent the interests of Military Families within CFB Shilo and with other community and military agencies.
- *Request a full job description for further details*.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Related experience and post secondary education in business, finance, and/or HR Management. Varying combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Senior leadership experience and experience working in a not-for-profit organization.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors and knowledge of governance practices and standards.
- Experience with human resources management, financial management, and project management best practices.
- Strong understanding of/experience in organizational financial management and budgeting.
- Knowledge and understanding of the unique challenges of the military family lifestyle.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the proven ability to deal effectively with community members, staff, media, community agencies, and other stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, familiarity with media relations, and excellent public speaking skills.
- Excellent computer skills with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn new technology and programs.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to Holly Van Zeben, at West-Can HR, email@example.com. For more information about this position, or for a detailed job description, call our office at 204-727-0008.
Only the applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. We thank all jobseekers for their interest and application.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR OUR CLIENT?
The SMFRC recognizes the uniqueness of the military lifestyle, provides individuals, families, and the community with tools to foster growth, belonging and resilience.
To learn more about the SMFRC, visit their website: https://cfmws.ca/shilo/military-family-resource-centre-(mfrc)
ABOUT WEST-CAN HR
Our team of Recruiters and HR Professionals are experts at matching jobseekers with career opportunities. Our goal is to connect with jobseekers and support their job search by utilizing our community connections and Jobseeker Network.
If you apply for this position and are selected for further consideration, this is our process:
- We screen applicant resumes based on the required qualifications for the role.
- We contact qualified individuals that are part of our Jobseeker Network to share the opportunity with them.
- If selected, you will meet with the Lead Recruiter so we can learn more about you, your work experience, skills, and qualifications.
- The top candidates are presented to the employer for selection. From there, we support the interviewing and hiring process.