Do you have a background in technology and data processing and are passionate about applying it to the agriculture industry? Shark Ag is offering an exciting opportunity to utilize your knowledge to further modern agriculture practices. The focus of this position is to support the collection, analysis, and organization of data to enable precision technology/agronomy services. This opportunity is in Melfort, Saskatchewan, and the surrounding area.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Competitive wage scale with performance-based initiatives and increases.
- Generous time off during the off seasons.
- 5% RSP matching program.
- Contribution to personal benefit plans.
- Vehicle provided with all expenses covered.
- Modern technology and devices provided.
- Industry leading professional development, training, and network access.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Process yield data, elevation modelling, data layering, provide prescriptions and input data into appropriate software.
- Optimization of all GIS data, analytics, and reports.
- Optimize collected data by organizing and converting it into actionable technical solutions.
- Identify new sources of data and methods to improve data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Collaborate with industry partners and institutions on precision data and technology development projects.
- Manage and optimize all crop mapping data, analytics, and reports.
- Research and evaluate new tools, software, and related technologies.
- See job description for further details.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Combination of related education and experience.
- Must be highly proficient with computers and technology with the ability to learn new software.
- Experience using GIS or other similar software.
- Experience with Ag Leader SMS and Trimble are a significant asset.
- Understanding of agriculture and agronomy advising is an asset but not required.
- Class 5 driver’s license required.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to Holly Van Zeben, HR Manager, email@example.com. For more information about this position, or for a detailed job description, call our office at 204-727-0008.
Only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. We thank all jobseekers for their interest and potential application.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR OUR CLIENT?
The Shark Ag team is what sets them apart from other agronomy consultants, Shark Ag is farmers supporting farmers. Working with Shark Ag means being involved in the future of ag technology, working alongside a dedicated team, and enjoying a fun work culture. For more information, visit their website: https://www.sharkag.ca/home.html
ABOUT WEST-CAN HR
Our team of Recruiters and HR Professionals are experts at matching jobseekers with career opportunities. Our goal is to connect with jobseekers and support their job search by utilizing our community connections and Jobseeker Network.
If you apply for this position and are selected for further consideration, this is our process:
1. We screen applicant resumes based on the required qualifications for the role.
2. We contact qualified individuals that are part of our Jobseeker Network to share the opportunity with them.
3. If selected, you will meet with the Lead Recruiter so we can learn more about you, your work experience, skills, and qualifications.
4. The top candidates are presented to the employer for selection. From there, we support the interviewing and hiring process.