Do you have a background in agriculture and want an opportunity to utilize your administrative skills? Shark Ag is offering an exciting opportunity to support agronomy professionals in the world of precision ag. Apply today and become an integral member of an organization that offers many growth opportunities. This position is in Melfort, Saskatchewan, and the surrounding area.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Competitive wage scale with performance-based initiatives and increases.
- Steady and reliable hours of work.
- 5% RSP matching program.
- Contribution to personal benefit plans.
- Modern technology and devices provided.
- Industry leading professional development, training, and network access.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Answer phone calls and respond to emails in a timely and positive manner.
- Prepare project plans, land control documents, and the application forms to obtain water drainage approval.
- Working closely with the Water Security Agency to ensure all water treatment application requirements are met.
- Manage and maintain daily financial transactions and basic accounting activities, including accounts payable/receivable, payroll etc.
- Monitor inventory levels, place orders, and receive inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE QUALIFICATIONS YOU NEED:
- Combination of related education and experience.
- Must have strong administrative skills, with experience using/learning different software systems.
- Experience with QuickBooks and Ag Expert are a significant asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to build positive relationships with clients.
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping and accounting payables and receivables is preferred.
- Class 5 driver’s license required.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to Holly Van Zeben, HR Manager, email@example.com. For more information about this position, or for a detailed job description, call our office at 204-727-0008.
Only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. We thank all jobseekers for their interest and potential application.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR OUR CLIENT?
The Shark Ag team is what sets them apart from other agronomy consultants, Shark Ag is farmers supporting farmers. Working with Shark Ag means being involved in the future of ag technology, working alongside a dedicated team, and enjoying a fun work culture. For more information, visit their website: https://www.sharkag.ca/home.html
ABOUT WEST-CAN HR
Our team of Recruiters and HR Professionals are experts at matching jobseekers with career opportunities. Our goal is to connect with jobseekers and support their job search by utilizing our community connections and Jobseeker Network.
If you apply for this position and are selected for further consideration, this is our process:
1. We screen applicant resumes based on the required qualifications for the role.
2. We contact qualified individuals that are part of our Jobseeker Network to share the opportunity with them.
3. If selected, you will meet with the Lead Recruiter so we can learn more about you, your work experience, skills, and qualifications.
4. The top candidates are presented to the employer for selection. From there, we support the interviewing and hiring process.