WATER MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST – SHARK AG CONSULTING
Shark Ag is offering an exciting opportunity to learn and grow within the world of Precision Ag. The Water Management Specialist focuses on leading the design, permitting, and implementation of farmland drainage projects. This opportunity is located in Melfort, Saskatchewan and surrounding area.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Competitive wage scale with performance-based initiatives and increases.
- Generous time off during the off seasons.
- 5% RSP matching program.
- Contribution to personal benefit plans.
- Vehicle provided with all expenses covered.
- Modern technology and devices provided.
- Industry leading professional development, training, and network access.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Act as project manager for drainage projects and assist with scheduling, budgeting, and project planning.
- Design drainage plans for optimal water usage and conservation on farmland.
- Use of modern technology to survey and map farmland for tile and surface drainage projects.
- Meet with and provide technical assistance to producers on their drainage design and permitting process.
- Manage the permitting process with the Water Security Agency (providing project plans, land controls, application documents, and liaise with necessary stakeholders).
- See job description for further details.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Combination of related education and experience: can include agronomy, environmental science, engineering, surveying, watershed management, flow mitigation, or any other related education and experience.
- Qualified Persons training/certification from the Water Security Agency is a significant asset.
- Experience with Ag Leader SMS and Trimble Water Management are a significant asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of surface and subsurface drainage design.
- Must live within assigned sales territory.
- Class 5 driver’s license is required.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to Holly Van Zeben, HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about this position, or for a detailed job description, call our office at 204-727-0008.
Only the applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. We thank all jobseekers for their interest and potential application.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR OUR CLIENT?
The Shark Ag team is what sets them apart from other agronomy consultants, Shark Ag is farmers supporting farmers. Working with Shark Ag means being involved in the future of ag technology, working alongside a dedicate team, and enjoying a fun work culture. For more information, visit their website: https://www.sharkag.ca/home.html
ABOUT WEST-CAN HR
Our team of Recruiters and HR Professionals are experts at matching jobseekers with career opportunities. Our goal is to connect with jobseekers and support their job search by utilizing our community connections and Jobseeker Network.
If you apply for this position and are selected for further consideration, this is our process:
1. We screen applicant resumes based on the required qualifications for the role.
2. We contact qualified individuals that are part of our Jobseeker Network to share the opportunity with them.
3. If selected, you will meet with the Lead Recruiter so we can learn more about you, your work experience, skills, and qualifications.
4. The top candidates are presented to the employer for selection. From there, we support the interviewing and hiring process.