CONTRACT HEAVY DUTY MECHANIC
Do you want to be your own boss and make your own hours? All while making a great wage and working out of a busy shop with other experienced Mechanics? West-Can HR is recruiting for a Contract Heavy Duty Mechanic for an employer in the Souris, Manitoba area. As a contract Mechanic, you will be paid per billable hour, supply your own tools, and the work will come to you in this well-established shop.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Complete thorough and quality diagnostics, service, maintenance, and necessary repairs on heavy duty trucks, trailers, and equipment.
- Follow a guided service schedule and maintain regular communication about recommendations, repairs, status/completion times, and concerns.
- Track and record the specifics of repairs completed and parts used.
THE QUALIFICATIONS YOU NEED:
- Must be a Certified Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic.
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a heavy-duty mechanical capacity is required.
- Must be personally equipped with adequate supply of tools required for the position.
- Ability to troubleshoot and effectively solve heavy duty mechanical issues.
- Must have a valid Class 5 Drivers License, Class 3A with Air Drivers License an asset.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 75 pounds and perform physically demanding tasks.
- Wage depending on qualifications and experience: $40 – $50 per billable hour
- Flexible hours, typical hours of work: 10 hours a day, 4 days a week (Monday – Friday)
- Mainly shop setting with occasional travel for assisting with service calls.
- May work indoor and/or outdoors but mostly indoors.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to Holly Van Zeben, firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about this position, or for a detailed job description, call our office at 204-727-0008.
Only the applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. We thank all jobseekers for their interest and potential application.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR OUR CLIENT?
Further information about our client, the employer, will be shared with candidates who are being considered for the role. If you are interested in this opportunity, we encourage you to apply and we look forward to reviewing your resume
ABOUT WEST-CAN HR
Our team of Recruiters and HR Professionals are experts at matching jobseekers with career opportunities. Our goal is to connect with jobseekers and support their job search by utilizing our community connections and Jobseeker Network.
If you apply for this position and are selected for further consideration, this is our process:
1. We screen applicant resumes based on the required qualifications for the role.
2. We contact qualified individuals that are part of our Jobseeker Network to share the opportunity with them as well.
3. If selected, you will meet with the Lead Recruiter so we can learn more about you, your work experience, skills, and qualifications.
4. The top candidates are presented to the employer for selection. From there, we support the interviewing and hiring process.