Executive Director – Assiniboine Community College Students’ Association
Be a positive forward-thinking leader who can advocate for students using policies, advocacy and relationship building within the college community while working with all members of the organization to achieve the organizations missions.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Attend the Students’ Association Council (SAC) meetings and ensure meeting minutes are adequately recorded.
- Work with the SAC to ensure strategic planning takes place each year, to continue to achieve the mission and vision of the organization.
- Abide by the ACCSA Bylaws and all other governing documentation and provide recommendations on updates as required.
- Ensure adequate staffing and resources are allocated for the delivery of the ACCSA’s service portfolios, including Advocacy Services, Clubs Program, Health & Dental Plan, etc.
- Provides mentorship to staff, while supporting overall portfolios & platforms to ensure objectives and goals are met.
- Partner with community stakeholders as need to ensure the effective delivery of programs and services for the students of Assiniboine Community College.
- Hire, train, schedule, supervise, evaluate, and discipline all staff in a manner consistent with the mission, policies, and procedures of the ACCSA, as well as with related legislation and employment standards.
- Oversees the implementation of all human resources policies, procedures, and practices.
- In conjunction with the SAC and its procedures, prepare an annual fiscal budget for the ACCSA.
- Ensure bank and credit card reconciliations are completed in a timely and transparent manner.
- Create regular financial reports for the SAC in an accessible manner.
- Forge and maintain strong relations of trust with shareholders, partners, and external authorities.
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile
THE QUALIFICATIONS YOU NEED:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as business management, human resources, or leadership, pr equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Strong technical skills, and an aptitude to learn more efficient ways to accomplish tasks.
- A strong understanding of legal and fiduciary responsibility within a non-profit organization.
- Experience working with a diverse board of directors. Previous experience within a student association considered an asset.
- Ability to train and mentor staff members on a wide variety of subjects areas.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proven managerial skills with the ability to manage a diverse portfolio of service and business centers.
- Financial experience related to bank and credit care reconciliation, and long-term fiscal budgeting.
- Previous experience with QuickBooks Online and bookkeeping principals an asset.
- Competitive wage scale offered with regular performance reviews and cost of living increases.
- Excellent and competitive Health & Dental Benefits Package
- Mental health supports offered
- Opportunity for professional development
- An inclusive workplace with a focus on work-life balance
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to Lora at West-Can HR, Lora@wchrs.com For more information about this position, or for a detailed job description, call our office at 204-727-0008.
Only the applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. We thank all jobseekers for their interest and potential application
ABOUT WEST-CAN HR
Our team of Recruiters and HR Professionals are experts at matching jobseekers with career opportunities. Our goal is to connect with jobseekers and support their job search by utilizing our community connections and Jobseeker Network.
If you apply for this position and are selected for further consideration, this is our process:
1. We screen applicant resumes based on the required qualifications for the role.
2. We contact qualified individuals that are part of our Jobseeker Network to share the opportunity with them.
3. If selected, you will meet with the Lead Recruiter so we can learn more about you, your work experience, skills, and qualifications.
4. The top candidates are presented to the employer for selection. From there, we support the interviewing and hiring process.