FINANCIAL CLERK – DAKOTA TIWAHE SERVICES Inc.
The Financial Clerk is responsible for processing and following through on a variety of payments, travel claims and maintenance payments files. You will work as a crucial part of the financial team to coordinate the daily duties of Dakota Tiwahe Services.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Dakota Tiwahe Services offers competitive wages, a solid health benefit package and travel incentives. This inclusive work environment offers training and growth opportunities.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Reception duties including responding to inquiries, forwarding calls and monitoring calls from Child Maintenance Finance Officers.
- Reviews required travel claims, fee requisitions and miscellaneous forms.
- Review and ensures payment coincide with recorder total of foster payments.
- Maintains up-to-date accounts payable files, family care support files and federal child maintenance payment files.
- Process all purchase order requests.
- Ensure all operations issued cheques are signed by Executive Director
- Assist with monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assist with maintenance cheque runs.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration with an accounting focus an asset.
- Experience in accounting practices using Sage 300 an asset.
- Strong computer skills using MS office.
- Driver’s License and reliable vehicle.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to Lora Hay, at West-Can HR, Lora@wchrs.com. For more information about this position, or for a detailed job description, call our office at 204-727-0008.
Only the applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. We thank all jobseekers for their interest and potential application.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR OUR CLIENT?
Sioux Valley Chief and Council and Dakota Tiwahe Services have been diligently working through the process of attaining their own model of a Child and Family Services Agency. Dakota Tiwahe Services Inc. was established in 2018 to being this process. A Tremendous amount of work has been completed by the community members over the years regarding the development of CFS related laws through the Self-Government Agreement.
ABOUT WEST-CAN HR
Our team of Recruiters and HR Professionals are experts at matching jobseekers with career opportunities. Our goal is to connect with jobseekers and support their job search by utilizing our community connections and Jobseeker Network.
If you apply for this position and are selected for further consideration, this is our process:
1. We screen applicant resumes based on the required qualifications for the role.
2. We contact qualified individuals that are part of our Jobseeker Network to share the opportunity with them.
3. If selected, you will meet with the Lead Recruiter so we can learn more about you, your work experience, skills, and qualifications.
4. The top candidates are presented to the employer for selection. From there, we support the interviewing and hiring process.