CREMATION TECHNICIAN/GROUNDSKEEPER – Rosewood Memorial Gardens
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR OUR CLIENT?
Located west of Brandon in the countryside Rosewood Memorial Gardens has provided environmentally responsible cemetery services since 1952. Through natural landscape design and use of lawn markers the Memorial Gardens were planned to conserve land and be much more efficient to maintain.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The cremation technician and groundskeepers will maintain the grounds, cremation operations, assist visitors with burial locations, and inquires and general office administrative duties. This position could be a fulltime or part time opportunity. This is a Monday to Friday position with some on call hours required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIES:
- Ground maintenance including grass trimming and cutting using ride on mowers and trimmers, flowerbed maintenance, leveling ground, seeding, installing, and repairing grave markers and tree maintenance.
- Using powered equipment and manual tools to dig, set up and fill graves.
- Using specialized equipment during crematorium operation procedures
- General maintenance and repair of all cemetery grounds, buildings, fences, and equipment.
- Assist visitors with locating lots, purchasing markers and general inquiries.
- Complete general office administrative duties as required
THE QUALIFICATIONS YOU NEED:
- Ability to work effectively outdoors in all weather conditions
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License – able to operate a standard transmission
- Knowledge of operating powered lawn care equipment, and hand tools using the highest safe standards
- Ability to lift 100 lbs. from ground to waist level
- Good customer service using empathy and respect to visitors
- Experience with computers an asset
- Competitive wage scale offered with regular performance reviews and cost of living increases.
- Opportunity for professional development
- An inclusive workplace with a focus on work-life balance
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to Lora Hay, Registered Professional Recruiter at Lora@wchrs.com. For more information about this position, or for a detailed job description, call our office at 204-727-0008. Only the applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. We thank all jobseekers for their interest and potential application.
ABOUT WEST-CAN HR
Our team of Recruiters and HR Professionals are experts at matching jobseekers with career opportunities. Our goal is to connect with jobseekers and support their job search by utilizing our community connections and Jobseeker Network.
If you apply for this position and are selected for further consideration, this is our process:
1. We screen applicant resumes based on the required qualifications for the role.
2. We contact qualified individuals that are part of our Jobseeker Network to share the opportunity with them as well.
3. If selected, you will meet with the Lead Recruiter so we can learn more about you, your work experience, skills, and qualifications.
4. The top candidates are presented to the employer for selection. From there, we support the interviewing and hiring process.