PROTECTION WORKER – DAKOTA TIWAHE SERVICES Inc.
The primary responsibility of the protection worker is to investigate an assessment of reported incidents in accordance with the Child and Family Services Act, The Manitoba Guidelines on Identifying and Reporting Children in need of Protection.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Dakota Tiwahe Services offers competitive wages, a solid health benefit package and travel incentives. This inclusive work environment offers training and growth opportunities.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Provide protection and support services to families in accordance with the Child and Family Services Act.
- Conduct interviews to assess level of risk, document clients need.
- Manage a caseload effectively with adherence to client-centered care and legislated requirements.
- Conduct assessments and investigate as required, which would involve the gathering and analyzation of information.
- Preparing and participating in any court or legal proceedings.
- Completing all reporting and administrative functions in a timely manner
- Building and maintaining relationships with community partners, professionals, and service providers.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work (BSW) or Social Services Worker Diploma an asset, would consider the combination of work experience and Applied Counseling Skills Certificate.
- Experience working with children in care would be an asset.
- Experience in Case management, ability to keep accurate records.
- Knowledge of MS Office
- ASIST training
- Valid First Aid / CPR
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable vehicle for travel.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to Lora Hay, at West-Can HR, Lora@wchrs.com For more information about this position, or for a detailed job description, call our office at 204-727-0008.
Only the applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. We thank all jobseekers for their interest and potential application.
ABOUT WEST-CAN HR
Our team of Recruiters and HR Professionals are experts at matching jobseekers with career opportunities. Our goal is to connect with jobseekers and support their job search by utilizing our community connections and Jobseeker Network.
If you apply for this position and are selected for further consideration, this is our process:
1. We screen applicant resumes based on the required qualifications for the role.
2. We contact qualified individuals that are part of our Jobseeker Network to share the opportunity with them.
3. If selected, you will meet with the Lead Recruiter so we can learn more about you, your work experience, skills, and qualifications.
4. The top candidates are presented to the employer for selection. From there, we support the interviewing and hiring process.