Student Development Coordinator
Assiniboine Community College Students’ Association
The Assiniboine Students’ Association is a not-for-profit organization, separate from the Assiniboine Community College, which is built on the foundation of community and strengthened through our relationships with students, staff, and partners at Assiniboine. We believe that diversity makes our community stronger and that together, anything is possible. We believe students deserve the opportunity to learn, share and grow with one another and discover who they are and who they want to be in a supportive environment.
The Student Development Coordinator is a full-time position with the ACCSA. They are responsible for researching, advocating, and implementing professional development and co-curricular opportunities for students.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Serve as the primary Advocate under the ACCSA’s Advocacy Services portfolio.
- Meet with students to coach them through both academic and non-academic issues
- Ensure organized case management with accurate notes regarding student concerns and appeals.
- Attend meetings with students, faculty, and staff, to ensure judicial fairness through all disciplinary proceedings, take notes on behalf of students, ensure policy compliance on all sides.
- Research, develop, and implement specific and relevant leadership development programming for the Club and Student Leaders at Assiniboine Community College.
- Liaise with community and professional partners to establish programming that can be provided to students to scaffold their personal and professional development.
- Collaborate with the College on initiatives related to professional development of students, including improving work-integrated learning and co-curricular opportunities
- Attend ACCSA Board and Committee meetings as requested by the Executive Director to provide support, such as taking and preparing minutes & agendas.
- Coordinate with SAC Members on satellite campuses to provide appropriate staff supports to address issues pertaining to students at satellite campuses.
THE QUALIFICATIONS YOU NEED:
- Minimum 2 years of post-Secondary level education in a discipline such as social work, education, counselling, law, or combination of relevant education and/or experience.
- Ability to communicate clearly in a kind and confident manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Occasional travel across Manitoba to visit satellite campuses is required. Ability to travel is required.
- Strong technical skills, and an aptitude to learn more efficient ways to accomplish tasks.
- Self-motivated, confident, and energetic.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication through college email, phone, Microsoft Teams, and regularly scheduled meetings.
- Experience in conflict resolution and effective mediation.
- Ensure a daily schedule is kept up to date and actively shared with other staff members.
- Exceptional people skills with an outgoing personality and ability to build relationships.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle with proof of license and insurance.
· Competitive wage scale offered with regular performance reviews and cost of living increases.
· Excellent and competitive Health & Dental Benefits Package
· Mental health supports offered
· Opportunity for professional development
· An inclusive workplace with a focus on work-life balance
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to Lora at West-Can HR, Lora@wchrs.com For more information about this position, or for a detailed job description, call our office at 204-727-0008.
Only the applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. We thank all jobseekers for their interest and potential application
ABOUT WEST-CAN HR
Our team of Recruiters and HR Professionals are experts at matching jobseekers with career opportunities. Our goal is to connect with jobseekers and support their job search by utilizing our community connections and Jobseeker Network.
If you apply for this position and are selected for further consideration, this is our process:
1. We screen applicant resumes based on the required qualifications for the role.
2. We contact qualified individuals that are part of our Jobseeker Network to share the opportunity with them.
3. If selected, you will meet with the Lead Recruiter so we can learn more about you, your work experience, skills, and qualifications.
4. The top candidates are presented to the employer for selection. From there, we support the interviewing and hiring process.