HEAVY DUTY MECHANIC – MWM ENVIRONMENTAL
Want a unique experience working as a Heavy Duty Mechanic? At MWM, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of trucks and equipment to advance your mechanical skills. You will also be provided with a competitive wage and benefit packages along with a boot allowance.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Monday to Friday work schedule with occasional Saturday shifts depending on workload.
- Competitive wages offered.
- Growth potential with strong mentorship.
- Full health and dental benefit package.
- Annual vacation time accumulated.
- RSP matching available.
- Work-life balance.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR OUR CLIENT?
MWM Environmental has been the leading waste & recycling service provider in southern Manitoba since 1992. The company motto has always been “the customer comes first” and we prove it every day by going above and beyond. The team takes pride in serving a large clientele in the rural and municipal communities as well as the energy, agricultural, manufacturing, and Industrial sectors. For more information, please visit https://www.mwmenviro.ca/.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Complete thorough and quality diagnostic, service and repair of collection trucks and other heavy-duty equipment.
- Follow a guided service schedule and maintain regular communication with the supervisor regarding recommendations, repairs, status/completion times, and concerns.
- Respond to service calls to repair trucks and equipment in the field as required.
- Make recommendations on troubleshoot, adjust, and replace parts on equipment as required.
- Participate in and add value to safety initiatives, policies, and procedures, ensuring safe work practices are adhered to in all day-to-day activities.
- Request full job description for more information on responsibilities.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Level 3 apprentice in Truck Transport, Agriculture or Heavy Duty would be preferred or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Experience with DEF, DPF, and Re-Gen systems and repair procedures.
- Minimum valid Class 5 Drivers License; Class 3A with Air Drivers License is an asset.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds and perform physically demanding tasks.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to Lora Hay, at West-Can HR, firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about this position, or for a detailed job description, call our office at 204-727-0008.
Only the applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. We thank all jobseekers for their interest and potential application.
ABOUT WEST-CAN HR
Our team of Recruiters and HR Professionals are experts at matching jobseekers with career opportunities. Our goal is to connect with jobseekers and support their job search by utilizing our community connections and Jobseeker Network.
If you apply for this position and are selected for further consideration, this is our process:
- We screen applicant resumes based on the required qualifications for the role.
- We contact qualified individuals that are part of our Jobseeker Network to share the opportunity with them.
- If selected, you will meet with the Lead Recruiter so we can learn more about you, your work experience, skills, and qualifications.
- The top candidates are presented to the employer for selection. From there, we support the interviewing and hiring process.