Are you an enthusiastic leader with experience reporting to a Board of Directors and / or community advocacy? Reporting to the Board of Directors (the Board), the General Manager (GM) is the public face of the organization and is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Brandon Chamber of Commerce. As a qualified candidate, you will be a strong communicator and have experience in community member engagement, organizational leadership, and administration.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The GM is the chief executive and administrative officer of the organization and is responsible to the Board of Directors for the full range of activities coordination of the program of work; organizational structure and procedures; motivation and management of volunteers; income and expenditures; maintenance of membership, employment, training, and supervision of staff; interpretation of policy; maintenance of office and building; long-range planning.
- Assume primary responsibility for the management of the Brandon Chamber of Commerce and oversee the day-to-day operations within the governance of the Board.
- Be an ambassador to the community of Brandon and represent the Chamber at various events, grand-openings, luncheons, civic meetings, council meetings, etc.
- Engage volunteers and intentionally foster effective relationships with board members.
- Lead efforts to present to, and liaise with, municipal, provincial, and federal government representatives regarding issues that face our Chamber members.
- Build effective relationships and engagement with stakeholders and members.
- Communicate the value of Chamber membership and market the Chamber programs and services.
- Ensure full and complete Chamber compliance with all applicable laws, by-laws, statues and government regulations.
- Prepare and present annual operating budget, ongoing business plans and organizational strategies to the Board of Directors.
- Identify policy issues for the business community and proactively respond.
- Foster strategic partnerships within the community.
THE QUALIFICATIONS YOU NEED:
- Post-secondary certificate / diploma in Business or Administration
- Minimum 3 years leadership & management experience, including HR, operations, finance, and event management.
- Preference given to Non-profit / Board of Director reporting experience
- Experience with community relations / advocacy preferred
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and public speaking required
- Awareness of policies and regulations at Local, Provincial, and Federal levels
- Strong strategic and business planning experience
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Competitive wage scale offered with regular performance reviews and performance bonus
- Strong team culture with awesome events and networking opportunities
- Build your network with Brandon’s business community
- Extended Health benefits
- Mental health supports offered
- Professional development opportunities
- An inclusive workplace with a focus on work-life balance
- Office Hours: 8:30 – 5:00 Monday to Friday
APPLY TODAY! Application closing date: April 27th.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to Rob Starkell at email@example.com. For more information about this position, or for a detailed job description, call our office at 204-727-0008.
Only the applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. We thank all jobseekers for their interest and potential application.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR BRANDON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE?
The Chamber of Commerce has existed as the voice of Brandon business since its incorporation on May 14, 1883. With the power of over 800 delegates, representing over 600 different business types, sectors, the Chamber’s voice collectively and effectively speaks louder than one business alone. Through the Chamber, the business community can be assured that the business perspective is heard on issues of the day.
ABOUT WEST-CAN HR
Our team of Recruiters and HR Professionals are experts at matching jobseekers with career opportunities. Our goal is to connect with jobseekers and support their job search by utilizing our community connections and Jobseeker Network.
If you apply for this position and are selected for further consideration, this is our process:
- We screen applicant resumes based on the required qualifications for the role.
- We contact qualified individuals that are part of our Jobseeker Network to share the opportunity with them as well.
- If selected, you will meet with the Lead Recruiter so we can learn more about you, your work experience, skills, and qualifications.
- The top candidates are presented to the employer for selection. From there, we support the interviewing and hiring process.