Are you an experienced leader in manual and CNC machining who wants to work for one of Manitoba’s best machine shops?
We are currently recruiting, on behalf of our client Atom-Jet Industries, a Machine Shop Manager to lead the manual and CNC machining department, located in Brandon, MB. Atom-Jet Industries offers a great work environment, competitive salary, full health benefits, and RSP matching.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Machine Shop Manager provides leadership to their team, ensuring a high standard of professionalism and respect in all interactions including staff and clients. Using the company’s core values as a guide and with a focus on improving productivity, efficiency, quality, customer service, and profitability, this role:
- Provides quotations and excellent customer service.
- Manages scheduling of labour, material, and secondary services.
- Ensures high quality standards are maintained.
- Increases sales with excellent customer service and generating new business.
- Responsible for all aspects of team including hiring, performance, and development.
- Monitor margining and work with senior management on financial aspects of the machining division.
QUALIFICATIONS YOU NEED:
- Min. 3 years’ experience in supervisory position, ideally in machine shop / similar industry.
- Red Seal Machining Journeyman Certificate is a strong asset, but not required.
- Knowledge / understanding of manual and CNC machining required.
- Ability to interpret drawings and provide solutions to customers.
- Strong organizational and customer service skillsets.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, and solution oriented with an eye for continuous improvement.
- Any additional training required will be provided to the ideal candidate.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to Rob Starkell at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about this position, or for a detailed job description, call our office at 204-727-0008.
Only the applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. We thank all jobseekers for their interest and potential application.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR OUR CLIENT?
ATOM-JET INDUSTRIES is a custom machining and advanced manufacturing company in Brandon Manitoba. Since 1962, Atom-Jet has been providing advanced machining services to varying industries including Mining, Oil & Gas, Industrial Plant Maintenance, Manufacturing, and Food & Agriculture. Atom-Jet provides a high-quality service and produces products necessary to support customers both locally and across North America.
The Atom-Jet Group has a reputation for producing quality products and recently received the Manitoba Chamber Outstanding Long-Term Achievement Award.
ABOUT WEST-CAN HR
Our team of Recruiters and HR Professionals are experts at matching jobseekers with career opportunities. Our goal is to connect with jobseekers and support their job search by utilizing our community connections and Jobseeker Network.
If you apply for this position and are selected for further consideration, this is our process:
- We screen applicant resumes based on the required qualifications for the role.
- We contact qualified individuals that are part of our Jobseeker Network to share the opportunity with them as well.
- If selected, you will meet with the Lead Recruiter so we can learn more about you, your work experience, skills, and qualifications.
- The top candidates are presented to the employer for selection. From there, we support the interviewing and hiring process.