Position Title: Material Handler
Reports to: Profit Centre Manager
Emco Corporation is a business to business Plumbing, HVAC, and Industrial materials wholesaler. Find us on the web at www.emcoltd.com. Our business is growing and we’re hungry for talented people.
This Material Handler ensures the safe and efficient receipt, storage and dispatch of warehouse materials, goods and products to meet business operations and customer demand.MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Operate in a safe manner complying with all health, safety and environmental requirements to ensure own and safety of others
· Safe and efficient movement of product within the warehouse and yard
· Unloading and loading of trucks
· Picking, packaging, and shipping transfers and customer orders
· Operation of material handling equipment, including forklifts and pallet jacks
· Input data regarding stock and inventory into a computerized system
· Answer phones for incoming orders providing strong customer service, and follow up with customers on items ready for pick-up
· Order entry into computer system and expediting of product
· Responding to stock and price inquiries
· Uphold our Core Values and Ethics with every interaction
· Other duties as required
· Warehouse and inventory management experience preferred
· Plumbing and heating product knowledge an asset
· Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent required; College and/or University degree an asset
· Basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook
· Strong communication skills and work ethic
· High regard for customer service
· Ability to work well in a team environment, and to multi-task under pressure
· Ability to lift between 50-70 lbs.
· Previous sales and customer service experience preferred
Why Join Our Team?
EMCO Corporation is one of Canada’s largest integrated wholesale distributors of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products for the construction industry. We have endless opportunities for you to grow and develop in your career and a culture that prides itself in supporting you every step of the way!
In addition, we will offer you:
· Great mentors and on-the-job training
· Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
· A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
· Participation in our pension plan with employer contributions
· Work-life balance and flex time
Emco is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a discrimination, harassment and barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. Emco is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, creed, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, neurodiversity, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.