As the Safety Officer at Springland Manufacturing you will lead a wide variety of training and safety planning/implementation across the two manufacturing locations (Rivers area). You will be responsible for the overall success of the safety and training programs, including incident investigation, compliance, and safe work culture while participating at the site leadership level ensuring the long-term success and viability of Springland’s operations.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Competitive compensation with growth, paid training opportunities, comprehensive benefits package, RRSP matching, and travel allowances.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Orientate and lead training of all new and existing employees, with a focus on safe work and safety compliance, including annual review of safety records.
- Coordinate and implement organization-wide safety activities.
- Investigate and track division accidents, incidents and near misses; lead staff discussion with an aim to promote a culture of incident prevention and risk mitigation, create a plan to promote buy in from all employees; prepare reports on safety violations.
- Serve as an information resource and advisor for staff regarding safety questions, and lead safety program implementation, compliance, and delivery.
- Provide recommendations for improving safety and training in the workplace environment and work with Management staff to implement change.
- And more!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Must have Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and vehicle.
- Solid computer skills with the ability to work across multiple platforms.
- Must be safety minded and eager to grow in this area, preference given to individuals who hold experience/certifications in Training and/or safety management
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume to Rob Starkell, at West-Can HR, email@example.com. For more information about this position, or for a detailed job description, call our office at 204-727-0008.
Only the applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. We thank all jobseekers for their interest and potential application.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR OUR CLIENT?
Springland Manufacturing was founded in 1985 by brothers Henry, John, and Herman Lepp on the family farm north of Rivers, Manitoba, Canada. They aimed to build a mechanical grain bin cleaner that had greater efficiency, was safer, and simpler to use than what was on the market at the time.
The first systems sold were round-tube unloaders for bins up to 48 feet in diameter. Then, the Springland U-Trough design was developed in 1998 in response to the need for faster emptying of larger grain bins with less product damage. The durability and advantages of the U-Trough Unloader proved themselves and, now marketed worldwide, has all but replaced the round-tube style.
Springland Manufacturing expanded into the commercial grain handling market in 1989 with commercial sweeps, and again in 2005 with the introduction of the Springland Elevator Wheel. These products have vaulted Springland well ahead of the competition.
Springland Manufacturing celebrated its 35th year of business in 2020. Today, Springland has grown a staff of dedicated local employees, and through its extensive dealer network, has sales spanning North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and New Zealand.
For more information, visit their website: https://www.springland.ca/
ABOUT WEST-CAN HR
Our team of Recruiters and HR Professionals are experts at matching jobseekers with career opportunities. Our goal is to connect with jobseekers and support their job search by utilizing our community connections and Jobseeker Network.
If you apply for this position and are selected for further consideration, this is our process:
- We screen applicant resumes based on the required qualifications for the role.
- We contact qualified individuals that are part of our Jobseeker Network to share the opportunity with them.
- If selected, you will meet with the Lead Recruiter so we can learn more about you, your work experience, skills, and qualifications.
- The top candidates are presented to the employer for selection. From there, we support the interviewing and hiring process.