The Office Manager provides a variety of administrative support in the office while providing excellent customer service in a timely and professional manner. The Office Manager keeps the office organized and functioning smoothly, as well as manages a variety of tasks including customer communications, employee documentation, end to end bookkeeping, import/export paperwork, reporting, and all other administrative duties as needed.
This role requires approximately 24 hours per week but can be up to full-time hours during on-boarding / training and if / when special projects are agreed to between management and the Office Manager.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer phone calls, respond to emails, schedule appointments, and provide answers to customer inquires.
- Maintain office services by organizing office operations and procedures.
- Employee documentation including Foreign Temporary Worker applications / processing, on-boarding, payroll, time tracking.
- European Farm machinery import / export documentation and sales support.
- Manager Accounts Receivable and payables, enter vendor invoices and receipts, reconcile bank accounts, manage credit card receipts, filing, and AR/AP.
- Processing / submitting Tax forms
- Process payroll on a bi-weekly basis
- Minimum of 5 years office administration with full end-to-end bookkeeping experience, including Quickbooks Payroll.
- Preference given for those with experience maintaining Temporary Foreign Worker program and/or equipment import/export
- Strong self-starter with exceptional organizational skills
- Process-oriented with experience setting up office procedures and employment policies
- Hybrid role – minimum 1/2 day per week at office, rest of time work from home or office
- Office workspace (located 5 mins Northwest of Souris)
- Full flexibility on time worked (days/evenings/weekends)