Job Interviews – Kick the nerves to the side and ace your next interview!
Job interviews can be intimidating and nerve-wracking to say the least. The best way to overcome those nerves is to be prepared. That way you can focus less on your answers to questions and more on displaying your true personality with confidence!
Need some pointers on how to prepare yourself better for your next interview? Here are some of the top tips to get you ready.
- Be Punctual. This is truly the first thing that will make an impression on the interviewer. Arriving early will give you time to calm your nerves, fill out any paperwork if it’s needed, or find out where exactly you need to go.
- Be Aware of Your Body Language. Sometimes, body language can say more than words. Simple actions like making eye contact and nodding can show that you’re taking the interview seriously and want to be there. This may take some practice!
- Prepare Yourself for the Usual Questions. Even though all interviews are different, there are a base set of questions that are most likely to be brought up during interviews. Preparing yourself will help calm nerves and avoid the classic “ums” or “uhs”. Try to be as natural as possible as you prepare for questions such as “What can you bring to the company?” or “Tell me about a challenge you had to overcome in the past”.
- STAR TIP: When practicing your interview answers, try to craft them using the STAR method. STAR stands for:
- Situation: Describe the challenge you encountered.
- Task: Explain your role in the situation.
- Action: Detail the steps you took to address the situation.
- Result: Describe what happened as a result of your actions.
- Dress for Success. You don’t have to have the most expensive wardrobe, but your attire and general hygiene can make a big first impression. Remember, it’s always better to be overdressed than underdressed.
- Ask Questions. You should never leave the interview without asking at least one or two questions. This will show you’re interested in the position and the company. Almost every interviewer will ask if you have any questions during or after the interview, so make sure you prepare a few in advance!
- Prior Understanding of the Company. Investing some time in researching the company prior to the interview will not only help you feel better and more prepared, but is another way to show the interviewer that you care.
By following these tips, we guarantee you will feel more confident and prepared to ace your next interview, all while displaying the best version of yourself! Looking for other ways to help prepare you for your next interview? We can help! Contact us today at 204-727-0008 to learn more.
We Help Westman Work!