Company culture is a HUGE part of every organization. It’s what inspires your employees to come to work everyday, and continue coming to work for the long-term. It includes the work environment, company mission, leadership styles, values, expectations, goals, and employee attitudes.
The importance of company culture goes well beyond the vibe and atmosphere of the office. It has major benefits that will save your company some serious cash.
- Having a strong company culture not only attracts unique talent, but it helps you retain your employees. 66% of job seekers consider a company’s culture and values the most important factor when considering career opportunities.
- It influences employee engagement which has a direct impact on performance and productivity. Highly engaged businesses see a 41% reduction in absenteeism and a 17% increase in productivity.
COVID-19 has proven to be a challenge for some businesses in maintaining their strong company culture. With many employees still working from home, working on company culture might get pushed to the back burner. But just because your employees may be working remotely, that doesn’t mean you can’t keep them engaged!
Here are some ideas to help keep your staff members connected:
- Create a Committee. It will take some collaboration in order to create a positive culture remotely. Encourage staff members to join the committee and to meet regularly to brainstorm new ideas.
- Virtual Happy Hour. Shut down an hour early and bond with your staff by videoconference – keep the conversations non-work related!
- Health & Wellness Apps. There are tons of apps out there that promote health and wellness, as well as some friendly competition! Create a team with some staff members and keep each other accountable.
- Custom Meal Kits. Have a custom meal kit delivered to your staff members for them to enjoy at home. Ask them to share their creations with the team!
- Virtual Escape Room. These are extremely popular now, and you can find several different options with a quick Google search.
- Virtual Scavenger Hunt. Curate a list of items that staff must find around their house. The first one to return with all of the items, wins!
For many people, working from home permanently is becoming more and more of a reality. It’s important to keep those employees as connected and engaged as possible. If you have employees that are working in the office, make sure they also feel comfortable, safe and valued during these times.
Remember, “your vibe attracts your tribe”, so take a good, hard look at your company culture. What’s your vibe? Who will you attract?
We Help Westman Work!